Friday, July 26, 2013

4th of July


Hey All!

I hope you guys had a GREAT 4th of July! I know We did.

 I made E, a dress that is patriotic themed but not "stars and stripes-4th of July" so She could wear it more than once ; ) I am crossing my fingers and hoping that it will still fit Her in December when We go back to Disney World. We shall see.

 My girls are HUGE fans of Mickey Mouse. just love him, so I was tickled pink when I came across this 1954 print vintage Mickey mouse fabric. I.Had.To.Buy.It. Not knowing what for, but I couldn't pass it up!

 Now these cupcakes were Swiss chocolate  cakewith cream cheese frosting (the Hub's fave) And the cupcake decor was something I was able to print online. E had so much fun taping these to the toothpicks, She tried to eat one!


White chocolate berry bark. So simple but oh so delicious!!
 This was the table setting for 4th of July. We didn't have any visitors over, the Hubs worked that day, so I just grilled hamburgers inside, and cooked a bunch of vegetables.And the sweets. Oh the sweets, let me tell ya'!


 For E's dress, I just used a basic gathered dress, but made my own pattern for the apron, and I was surprised how easily it came together. I think one of my favorite details is the 2 star cutouts on the apron front, which are cream. I sewed about 1/4 in. from the edge around the star with red thread to give some contrast and once it was washed the edges frayed so now it has a shabby chic look and makes them look even better.



Sister love






We didn't do a whole lot, but spending time as Family is always so fulfilling, and enjoyable. I hope you and yours did as well. God bless.
Crazy Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from others. Please leave your email address so I know how to contact you.