Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Headband Tutorial

I have so many ideas and projects I want to make it's crazy! I don't have enough hands
(not to mention time) Anyway.


 Here is my tutorial for my headbands. I used scraps of fabric I had left over from other projects for the flowers. (which are called yo yo flowers FYI) These are SO easy to make, and I think would make great gifts! I bought the headbands in a pack of 10 from a local store and cut them to fit a child's head. So to make the flowers you need a cup or bowl to trace for your circle, depending on how big you want the flower to be.

 This is what you will need:
 
  Scissors
  Thread
  Needle
  Headbands
  Pen
  something to trace your circle
 After you trace your circle and cut it out. Thread a needle and sew a running stitch all way around.
Gather your thread and pull to make the center of the flower
(the button or embellishment will cover the stitches)
 tack it in the center aand sew to the headband. So easy! 
This is the finished product.I hope you have as much fun as I did making these. Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from others. Please leave your email address so I know how to contact you.