Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fall perfect Apple pie!

My favorite time of year. From the  weather, fuzzy blankets and warm clothes....To the fireplace burning and fall colors, and the delicious aromas that fill the air! ALLLL of it! 
Did I mention it is my favorite time of the year?!
I feel like I need 3 of me lately, I have SOOOO many sewing projects I have sitting and just eating at me saying "START. ON. ME." It's ridiculous, really. My daughter is almost 6 months and moving/wiggling/kicking/rocking all over the place! I think someone is gonna be crawling VERY SOON, She is changing so much so fast I don't want to miss a single moment. : )
SO what better way to welcome the official start of Autumn than to bake a Apple  pie! My Husband loves my apple pie, Like seriously, Territorial guys. So I'm gonna share this recipe with you....
Old Fashioned  Apple Pie:
Premade dough (I make mine from scratch)
4 c. Sliced fresh apples
1 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. cornstarch
juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
3 tbsp. butter


Line a deep 9-inch pan pie pan with half the pastry.
Combine the apples, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, cornstarch, lemon juice and rind and mix well. Turn into the pastry lined pan and dot with the butter. Cover with remaining pastry, then trim edges and flute. Cut slits for steam to escape. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce  temperature to 300 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes longer or until pastry is brown and apples are tender.

Enjoy! And Happy Autumn!!!
 Crazy Little Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from others. Please leave your email address so I know how to contact you.