Monday, December 26, 2011

Advent/Christmas

It's been awhile since I have written, so I wanted to write down some thoughts for My favorite time of the year. 

It makes Me sad to see so many people anticipate the day after Christmas so everything will be "over" Putting Christmas trees up before  You have recovered from Thanksgiving Turkey! 

Growing up I was raised with a different approach to the Holidays. We celebrated Advent, We had a Jesse tree instead of a Christmas tree up leading up to Christmas.We had 4 Dining table candles for The 4 weeks before Christmas, one was lit each week, until all were lit. 

It is a time of anticipation and preparation for the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ. We would draw symbols from the Bible readings for that day and hang on the Jesse tree. We are just starting our Christmas season, which will end on Jan. 6th for the feast of the 3 wise Men, along with the blessing of the house for the year.

It truly it is a beautiful tradition for the family, I am so thankful that my family raised us with these traditions, and I love that I get to continue it and pass it down to our Children..Christmas is Jesus birthday. Have you thanked Him and wished Him a Happy Birthday?!



                  Merry Christmas and a happy New
                        Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from others. Please leave your email address so I know how to contact you.